Sunday, October 30, 2016

June 1864

June 1864

June 2, 1864
June 2nd / 64
     Mrs Thompson
              Kind Friend
This beautiful eve finds me seated to write you a few lines as a near oppology hoieing uou will receive it in place of a real letter and concider it your letter as good as answered   Mrs Thompson what do you think of our Regt being in the battle oh it was an uneasy while the battle
Pg. 2
was going on and poor Mrs Panney oh hav I do with her of course you knew that Kiet Panney was wounded, I have not had a letter from Mr Ogan in near two weeks but expect onb Saturday there was three gentlemen wounded that went from here   Belonged to the 79th Regt   I have been working real hard today I have been helping my mother clean house today   You spoke of having to make garden oh Mrs Thompson I have the largest garden and it is real nice
Pg. 3
to your imagination to visit you was received and I would comply with your request if possible but I cannot leave home at present but if it is so I can I will be pleased to visit you this sommer some time   Mrs. Thompson came and see me this summer   I know you would enjoy your self, well I am so tired I will close for the present write soon pleas excuse bad writing an I an quite nervouis this evening. Your
Nellie Ogan
       My Thoughts
     Letter Condition - Good pen, ink and word formation with some bleed through.   The letter is still easy to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment